Pumpkin spice is so last season. Fall came and left, and now it’s time for us all to embrace winter – which, in our opinion, comes with a far better flavor than fall. It’s called gingerbread, people, and it’s time to put it in everything while it’s still acceptable to.
Gingerbread cookies are great, but we can’t just eat them all day. Gingerbread houses are for kids. Gingerbread lattes, on the other hand – what’s not to love? Caffeine! Spice! And Everything Nice!
Win over your taste buds, your brainpower, and most importantly your friends this winter with this wonderful gingerbread latte to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year.
* 1½ tsp ground ginger, plus extra to serve
* ½ tsp cinnamon
* ¼ tsp ground nutmeg plus extra to serve
* 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
* ½ tsp vanilla extract
* 600ml whole milk (or milk alternative)
* 2 shots hot espresso (optional)
* whipped cream and mini gingerbread men, to serve
How to make it:
1. Grab a little mixing bowl and mix together all the spices, sugar and vanilla extract.
2. Heat 100ml of the milk in a pan, slowly whisking in the spice and sugar mix until the sugar has dissolved. Then continue to whisk while adding in the remaining milk slowly, so that it gets incorporated little by little. Once it’s all blended, put down the whisk and continue heating through until steaming.
2. Make a shot of espresso for each glass, then fill up with the spiced milk. Top with whipped cream, extra spices and – if you’re feeling sweet – a mini gingerbread man.
How to serve it:
In your biggest mugs, with your favorite people, around a fire, and in total oblivion to how cold the weather might be outside. If you can get at least two out of the four requirements, we guarantee a state of bliss you’ll never forget – and might be destined to repeat over and over til the end of time.