Some wholesome, homemade, dishes can work wonders when it comes to proper nutrition. Power bowls are such a wonderfully versatile dish, which can work either as a hearty breakfast or a power-packed lunch. This particular power bowl recipe is easy to throw in with just a handful of regular ingredients and is fully loaded with much-needed fiber, carbs, vitamin-packed leafy greens, healthy protein, and just the right amount of fat. Write down this easy recipe to whip up this delicious dish in a jiffy!
Ingredients of Power Bowls (For 2 Servings):
● Cooked rice, 2 cups
● Large eggs, 4
● Crumbled feta cheese, ¼ cup
● Chopped kale leaves, 3 cups
● Finely chopped garlic, 2 cloves
● Sliced avocado, 1
● Water or whole milk, 1 tbsp.
● Extra-virgin olive oil, 2 tbsp. (divided)
● Fine sea salt, as per taste
● Crushed black pepper
● Hot sauce, for serving (optional)
● Pico de gallo, for serving
Method of Preparing Power Bowls:
● Beat eggs in a bowl. Then add milk or water, cheese, and a pinch of salt and pepper each. Mix it and set it aside.
● Place a large non-stick skillet on medium-high flame. Heat ½ tbsp. of oil. Add the cooked rice and fry lightly. Divided the rice between two bowls. Cover the bowls to keep them warm.
● Heat 1 tbsp. of oil, again, on medium heat. Now, add garlic and kale, and cook, while stirring occasionally. Add a pinch of salt. After 2 minutes, the kale should be wilted. Take the kale out and divide between the bowls. Keep them covered.
● Next, heat the remaining oil on low heat. Add the beaten eggs and scramble to desired consistency. You have the free reign here!
● Now, divide the eggs between the two rice bowls. Top each bowl with pico de gallo and avocado. Want to add a final kick to your power bowls? A dash of hot sauce will do the job!
How to Make Chrissy Teigen’s Magical Spicy Miso Carbonara
Let’s be honest — you’re probably already obsessed with Chrissy Teigen. Why wouldn’t you be? This lady is the coolest cat in the business, and it seems as though there’s nothing she can’t do. Not only is she a successful model and television personality but she’s also the robe queen, she’s the social media superstar, she’s hilarious in every way, and she’s been able to birth the most adorable kids in existence — with John Legend by her side, of course. It seems as though she’s now become even more legendary, though, because her miso carbonara is truly magical.
The Ultimate Craving
If you didn’t already know, Chrissy Teigen has become a cooking wizard over the past few years. With the help of her wonderful mom and her delicious appetite, Chrissy has been able to release her own cookbooks and even her own line of pots, pans, trays — and everything in between. Cravings by Chrissy Teigen has taken the world by storm, but these recipes aren’t only available for those who read the book. This leading lady isn’t selfish when it comes to her food, and she has recently showcased all of the steps needed to make her famous spicy miso carbonara. John Legend has said that it’s “magical,” so it’s worth a try, right?
What You’ll Need
For this recipe, you’ll need bacon, chili garlic sauce, olive oil, light miso, hot water, three eggs, spaghetti, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, black pepper, and sliced scallions. Then, it’s pretty easy to make.
Simply fry some bacon, mix together the chili garlic sauce, miso, and hot water, and then beat the eggs into this mixture. Then, cook the pasta, drain the water away, and mix in with the crispy bacon. Once you’ve done this, add the egg mixture alongside the cheese, pepper, and a little bit of water, and then garnish with scallions and cheese.
It really is as simple as that.