Potatoes are a versatile vegetable, and they make for some delicious party dishes! These creamy and cheesy scalloped potatoes are the perfect side to add to your next dinner party menu. Check out the recipe below for this cheesy goodness.
- 1 1/2 cups of grated, aged extra sharp cheese (like Old Croc)
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Cooking spray
- 5 cups of russet potatoes, peeled and sliced round, 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 smashed garlic cloves
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- First, preheat your oven to 425°F.
- In a bowl, combine the cheeses and set it aside. It should be almost 2 cups.
- Next, in a large saucepan, simmer potatoes, garlic, thyme, cream, salt, milk, and pepper at medium-high. Reduce the flame to medium-low and cover the pan. Cook and stir occasionally until the potatoes are mostly tender. Discontinue heating, and stir in chives and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese mixture. Remove the thyme sprigs.
- Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray, and then evenly layer the prepared potato mixture in the same. Add the remaining 1/2 cup cheese mixture on top.
- Finally, bake the dish in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until bubbling happens around the edges and the top is golden brown. Remove from oven, and let it sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. Garnish with some leftover chives, and your dish is ready to be enjoyed!
Additional Tips and Tricks
Ready in just under 1 hour, this dish is perfect for six servings. If you want to prepare it in advance, transfer the prepared potato mixture to the oven dish, let it cool, and refrigerate for up to 24 hours covered with aluminum foil.
To make it, bake the covered dish in a preheated oven for 20 minutes. Then remove the sheet, sprinkle the remaining cheese mixture, and bake until it’s got bubbling edges. You can cover and store it in the fridge for up to one week.
Applebee’s, one of the major restaurant chains in the US, has partnered with makeup brand Winky Lux for a limited-edition collaboration. Applebee’s new chicken wing lip gloss, Saucy Gloss, is different from other products because it is made with authentic chicken wing sauce, comes in four saucy flavors, and is readily available at Walmart stores nationwide!
Applebee’s just launched a four-shade collection of flavored lip glosses inspired by four of their most popular wing sauces. Get Me Hot Buffalo is described as an orangey coral with a hint of hot buffalo spice. Sweet Chile Kiss is a rich, deep red with hints of golden chiles. The third in the list, Be My Honey Pepper, is described as a gorgeous golden honey-spiced gloss with shimmering flecks. Last but not least, Honey BBQ-T has a shiny, smoky barbecue hue with a hint of honey. The one thing they all have in common? They’re perfect for summertime sipping and swiping. So, of course, you’ll want to try them, especially if you want to amp up your date night with your favorite someone.
The Target Audience
Applebee’s new chicken wing lip gloss is perfect for anyone who loves chicken wings and wants to enjoy the flavor without the mess. The lip gloss is also made with a blend of oils and waxes that help hydrate and nourish your lips. As a result, the chicken wing flavor is subtle and not overwhelming. The gloss has a shiny finish and is long-lasting. It has a pleasant fragrance, but it may be too intense for some people. It also has a slightly tacky texture when first applied. However, once you let it sit for a few minutes, it becomes smoother and glossier on the lips without feeling sticky or thick. So, what are you waiting for? Grab these limited edition lip gloss for an extra saucy day.